
On Sunday, October 26th, Ben turned the big 3-3! After the Primary Program ended, I was free of all stress and worry, so we celebrated with a dinner at our house with Sean and Mara and kids, and my mom (dad was in Jordan). In honor of his birthday I thought I would write 33 things about Ben that make him such a great husband, father, and man... and a few things that are just plain funny about him!
1. You can tell Ben is in a room because of one distinct thing: He clears his throat...about every 15 seconds. There have been many times I have not been able to find him in a crowded area and have used my keen knowledge of his throat clearing habit to find him.
2. He flushes the toilet with his foot. Yes, that would make sense in a public facility, but he also does it at home. I could be insulted by it, but I just think its funny and very "Ben"
3. If you ask him to go to Home Depot or a like store, don't plan on seeing him for at least 2 hours.
4. He is a jack of all trades. I love that I'm married to man that is so handy around the house, and loves to challenge himself when faced with a new fix it job
5. He is great at math. Something I hate. So he is perfect for me! My own little personal calculator!
6. He is a very social guy. He loves getting together with friends and can hang out in a gossipy group of girls like any other girl. I love that about him.
7. He loves Risk. A little too much at the moment..but moving on!
8. He has the most smooth, clean feet that any person would dream to have. I have the gross feet, he has the manicured feet. Go figure.
9. He loves the rain. Something I can get sick of, but something he never will. He lives in his own little paradise here!
10. He is a FABULOUS driver in the snow. How did he acquire this skill having grown up in the desert of California? Don't know but I am impressed.
11. He makes a great waffle. This is his trademark. Most weekends he makes homemade waffles. You know..mix flour, oil etc.. and whip the egg whites to a nice fluffy consistency. He is a waffle expert.
12. He thinks I am the hottest thing that ever walked the earth. Now, of course I know that is FAR from true, but, it is a BLESSING to know the man I love the most feel that way about me!
13. He likes to have a clean shaven body...enough said
14. He knows EVERY slang term for every culture, religion, etc. etc. known to man. It's embarrassing but nonetheless a knowledge base he has.
15. He is the BEST organizer and cleaner. Although it takes him a very long time to organize and clean, you will never find a cleaner or more organized area once he's had his way with it!
16. You can always rest assured that if you shake his hand upon him leaving a restroom, you will NOT have to worry about the spread of germs. He is the most clean man I know
17. He asks me EVERY time I come out of a bathroom if I have washed my hands. Annoying? Yes. Endearing? Kind of...well maybe not
18. He is a man with great faith. He always is a great example to me of how to trust in God when trials hit.
19. One of the most humble men I have ever met. One of the greatest qualities he possesses!
20. Perfectionist. Especially at work. His boss must love him!
21. Loyal. If there is one thing that I knew about Ben before I married him was that I knew he would always be loyal to me. His father was a great example to him of how to be loyal to your wife.
22. He is VERY supportive of me. Between my purse business, my marathon training, and my Primary calling, he is always willing to give me a hand and help out with whatever crazy idea I have of how to make my life busier.
23. He loves to be anywhere but home on Saturdays. If that means trucking 4 kids to Costco just to get out of the house, then he'll do it. He's brave or crazy. I don't know which one...okay the latter!
24. He is patient with me. I am a little....how should I say this? Opinionated? Bossy? Stubborn? Okay all three. He knows all these things but usually just rolls his eyes and does what I say. What a good husband!!
25. He LOVES his kids. He is SUCH a good dad. He is the one the kids always go to when they know I would say "no". So they don't ever start with me. They go to the one who they know will most likely say "yes". This is how it will always be. Dad= fun
26. Professional Sleeper. His #2 hobby. If he could be in a sleeping contest he would be the world champion twenty times over. He has a gift of sleeping. A gift I don't really appreciate, but a gift nonetheless.
27. WAY Easy Going. I always said that if I had married someone like myself, we would have killed each other in the first month of marriage. I was wiser than I realized when I married someone that could complement me so well. I need someone to help calm me down when I get too high strung!
28. He combs his eyebrows.
29. Gets along well with everyone. That is such a gift. He is not judgemental and just rolls well with everyone. I so love that about him.
30. He is a hard worker. Again, I think that all stems from his childhood.
31. Likes chick-flicks + Doesn't watch SportsCenter = VERY happy wife!
32. Loves to read. Mostly fantasy fiction. NO. Not Danielle Steele FANTASY . More like Lord of the Rings fantasy.
33. He is a PERFECT husband. No he's not. But I'm not the PERFECT wife, so together we make a happy, IMPERFECT pair.
I love you Ben! Here's to 33 more healthy, happy years ahead!
1. You can tell Ben is in a room because of one distinct thing: He clears his throat...about every 15 seconds. There have been many times I have not been able to find him in a crowded area and have used my keen knowledge of his throat clearing habit to find him.
2. He flushes the toilet with his foot. Yes, that would make sense in a public facility, but he also does it at home. I could be insulted by it, but I just think its funny and very "Ben"
3. If you ask him to go to Home Depot or a like store, don't plan on seeing him for at least 2 hours.
4. He is a jack of all trades. I love that I'm married to man that is so handy around the house, and loves to challenge himself when faced with a new fix it job
5. He is great at math. Something I hate. So he is perfect for me! My own little personal calculator!
6. He is a very social guy. He loves getting together with friends and can hang out in a gossipy group of girls like any other girl. I love that about him.
7. He loves Risk. A little too much at the moment..but moving on!
8. He has the most smooth, clean feet that any person would dream to have. I have the gross feet, he has the manicured feet. Go figure.
9. He loves the rain. Something I can get sick of, but something he never will. He lives in his own little paradise here!
10. He is a FABULOUS driver in the snow. How did he acquire this skill having grown up in the desert of California? Don't know but I am impressed.
11. He makes a great waffle. This is his trademark. Most weekends he makes homemade waffles. You know..mix flour, oil etc.. and whip the egg whites to a nice fluffy consistency. He is a waffle expert.
12. He thinks I am the hottest thing that ever walked the earth. Now, of course I know that is FAR from true, but, it is a BLESSING to know the man I love the most feel that way about me!
13. He likes to have a clean shaven body...enough said
14. He knows EVERY slang term for every culture, religion, etc. etc. known to man. It's embarrassing but nonetheless a knowledge base he has.
15. He is the BEST organizer and cleaner. Although it takes him a very long time to organize and clean, you will never find a cleaner or more organized area once he's had his way with it!
16. You can always rest assured that if you shake his hand upon him leaving a restroom, you will NOT have to worry about the spread of germs. He is the most clean man I know
17. He asks me EVERY time I come out of a bathroom if I have washed my hands. Annoying? Yes. Endearing? Kind of...well maybe not
18. He is a man with great faith. He always is a great example to me of how to trust in God when trials hit.
19. One of the most humble men I have ever met. One of the greatest qualities he possesses!
20. Perfectionist. Especially at work. His boss must love him!
21. Loyal. If there is one thing that I knew about Ben before I married him was that I knew he would always be loyal to me. His father was a great example to him of how to be loyal to your wife.
22. He is VERY supportive of me. Between my purse business, my marathon training, and my Primary calling, he is always willing to give me a hand and help out with whatever crazy idea I have of how to make my life busier.
23. He loves to be anywhere but home on Saturdays. If that means trucking 4 kids to Costco just to get out of the house, then he'll do it. He's brave or crazy. I don't know which one...okay the latter!
24. He is patient with me. I am a little....how should I say this? Opinionated? Bossy? Stubborn? Okay all three. He knows all these things but usually just rolls his eyes and does what I say. What a good husband!!
25. He LOVES his kids. He is SUCH a good dad. He is the one the kids always go to when they know I would say "no". So they don't ever start with me. They go to the one who they know will most likely say "yes". This is how it will always be. Dad= fun
26. Professional Sleeper. His #2 hobby. If he could be in a sleeping contest he would be the world champion twenty times over. He has a gift of sleeping. A gift I don't really appreciate, but a gift nonetheless.
27. WAY Easy Going. I always said that if I had married someone like myself, we would have killed each other in the first month of marriage. I was wiser than I realized when I married someone that could complement me so well. I need someone to help calm me down when I get too high strung!
28. He combs his eyebrows.
29. Gets along well with everyone. That is such a gift. He is not judgemental and just rolls well with everyone. I so love that about him.
30. He is a hard worker. Again, I think that all stems from his childhood.
31. Likes chick-flicks + Doesn't watch SportsCenter = VERY happy wife!
32. Loves to read. Mostly fantasy fiction. NO. Not Danielle Steele FANTASY . More like Lord of the Rings fantasy.
33. He is a PERFECT husband. No he's not. But I'm not the PERFECT wife, so together we make a happy, IMPERFECT pair.
I love you Ben! Here's to 33 more healthy, happy years ahead!

9 comments:
Happy birthday ben!!!! I loved reading all of that stuff I didnt know, some I did-but still, so fun. Way to be 33!
Great post. That's a lot of stuff to come up with, and you did him justice! Happy belated birthday Ben! You didn't mention his computer prowess. He's the guy I call if I am having technical issues! Gosh, there were other things I was going to say, but I can't see the post while I comment and they are gone.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!
I know that it's been so long you hardly remember us anymore, but we had some pretty good times didn't we? We'll be back in the NW in April, maybe we can catch up while I'm getting ready for Step 1!
~Morgan
Sommer, this was a great post. I don't know if there are 30 things I could find about Ty(jk!?:). Seriously though guys are a perfect match for each other. I really loved number 21. That is something right away that Ty and I both noticed in Ben and you!:) Thanks for being great friends and Happy Birthday, Jammin!
What a sweet post! My Sister in law did that for my brother on her blog and I thought that was so cute and good for you for coming up with so many great ones that you can tell came from the heart!
Happy Birthday Benjamin!! one question for you: can you even sleep through all of Sommer's sleep walking events? Oh, how I miss my sleepless nights rooming with Schrummy Monkey!
happy belated birthday Ben! Please forgive me for being the worst sister in law! BTW great post Sommer!
what a cute post- you are a good wifey- ben you are a lucky man- hope you are doing good- miss you guys!
Happy late birthday Ben.. I was out of town, and I guess it's my fault for not being around to remind John that it was your birthday.. I hope you forgive us.
Sommer, I loved the list.. I find it amazing that John shares many of the same traits as Ben.. I guess there must have been something in their childhood that made them this way! Lucky us, right?!
Post a Comment