Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did I miss the Second Coming?

Okay, I know I live in a very serene little neighborhood, but did I seriously miss the return of the Savior to the earth? According to the media, I sure have! Now, don't get me wrong, I am ALL FOR having a black president, a woman, a Hispanic, Asian, Mormon etc... I think the idea is great. But the way the media has played out this election night is mind boggling and infuriating to me. You can call it "historic" all you want and that is a true statement, but ONLY for the fact that it an African American who was elected. If they stopped there with the awe of that fact, I would be perfectly agreeable. But the idea that he is this super human who is going to whisk us out of this hell of fire and brimstone we are in is just laughable. I heard on NBC, the phrases "walk on water, heal the sick, raise the dead" when talking about him... seriously? They should be struck by lightening!
How are he and his POLICIES...remember that is WHY we vote for a president, any different than any other joe-shmoe liberal democrat? No different. His ideas? Same old. He was just able to drum up enough fear in all of us, and at the same time expertly instill in every one's mind that he is the man/savior who can save us all with a little CHANGE and HOPE. Wow. If I hear the word change again, I'm going to slit my wrists. So, he has the corner market on hope? and change? And if you aren't for him, you don't possess those ideas as well? Very carefully mastered campaign he won. I'll have to remember that. The next time I run for President, I will just pretend like I have a legitimate political history of doing any REAL CHANGE myself (even though his 3 years in the Senate are less than noteworthy) , and then use that word over and over until people become hypnotized by my pretty, inspirational speeches.

What I care about are policies. Yeah, I'm all for change...just not the change he is advocating. I don't believe that having the government run our health care system is the best for us, doctors or anybody. I don't believe that business' are the "axis of evil" . Raise your hand if you are employed by a big or semi big business. You owe the roof over your head to them, are they really the bad guys.? Well they are going to get taxed like they are...who suffers? The employees. What gets cut when money gets tight? The low man on the totem pole. And if you aren't employed by a big business and you own your own, just be prepared to start paying more than your fair share in taxes. And partial birth abortions? I don't care if you are pro-choice or pro-life, partial birth abortions are hideous and the majority of Americans believe taht. Unfortunatley, they are totally acceptable under our new President and he will fight to keep them protected. Nice. Animals have more rights than a 26 week baby now? Okay, I'm done. I just had to vent somewhere and since this is my blog and I can say whatever I want to say, I thought this would be a good forum! I'm sure all you Obama supporters will take issue with everything I have just said and that is fine. I can agree to disagree. I hope my fears of what's to come don't come to pass, but having a very liberal (voting record shows) president with a democratic House and Senate does not bode well. Oh well. It is what it is!

7 comments:

Outnumbered Three To One said...

Amen, Sista!

shelby said...

Great speech Sommer!! BTW you should post some halloween pics, I would love to see them!

Natalie said...

Here! Here! I feel the same way! People are acting like our futures are set and all our worries are saved by this one man. It kind of scares me how much faith are putting in one person to "fix the world". He is just a man- not a superhero.

Bailey Bunch said...

And this is why I love Sommer!:) You are so passionate about the things you believe in and I love it. I have learned a lot politacally from you in the last couple months so thank you for your insight. Thanks for just being you!

Susan said...

Well,Sommer, BRAVO. Your point made. Time will tell what his claim to the Presidency cost us personally and costs this country.
Government control is never a good thing. A Radical like Obama in the driver's seat is frightening!

This country needs our prayers. More now than ever.
Susan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurie said...

Have you noticed they are now doing major backstepping. Clearly they've started to realize that if they don't start to manage expectations, they are totally set up to fail. He can't make good on all the promises he has made. It's going to be tough to live up to all that hype. It will be an interesting 4 years! You just need to help me help Jack see the light... :)