Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Twilight Fever!







So, as some of you may know, I KIND OF like the Twilight series...Okay, maybe more than a little bit. So, the blessed day arrived and a bunch of my friends and I decided to brave the teenage fandom and go see Twilight on Opening Night (not the Midnight showing...not crazy enought to do that!) We were the oldest people I could see in the theatre and proud of it. We waited in line for about an hour and a half to get into the theatre. The devotion. Anyway, between the screaming teens and obscene teenage boy behind us, I couldn't say I really enjoyed the film. It was OKAY. I then took Ben to see it a few days later WITHOUT the crazies and liked it MUCH better. Still some parts I would have changed, but, overall pretty good. Ben even liked it (he read the book..yeah I have a great husband!) and my dad saw it by himself (my mom was out of town) and liked it. I think he was the only 60+ year old man in the theatre when he went to see it. Props to my dad. You just went up a 100 points in my book. I think part of the reason I like that the movies are being made is that it lets me stay in that world a little longer since the series is now done. I am the same way with Harry Potter. Wierdo I know. But its' fun to escape reality every once in a while into a unrealistic, romantic world.

6 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

My husband read the books, too, and wanted to see the movie, so we went out last Wed night only to have the projector die not once, not twice, but 3 times before we ended up leaving and asking for our money back. So, I'm still aching to see it!

Rebecca Pierce said...

I know we already talked about this at length, but THREE CHEERS FOR THE MOVIE!

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

Your dad just went up 100 points in my book too!

I took the YW to the midnight showing - ugh I was so exhausted but enjoyed it. Like you, I liked it more the second time.

Did you read Midnight Sun?

Bailey Bunch said...

Yeah for Twilight! That was a fun night!:) Love ya!

jenae nae said...

hey i have not been on your blog for a long time- love the gay marriage post- and the second coming one too... love them! Your kids look so cute in their costumes! hope you are doing good-

shelby said...

Looks like you ladies had a great time! I'm going to see it next Saturday for the second time. I am excited! I was surprised to hear dad liked it, but I am glad he did.