The Ladies of the Night
One of my favorite things about Christmas are the annual White Elephant parties. Who doesn't love to have a little healthy competition for good gifts and hearty laughs over the really bad gifts? Whoever thought of this idea is a genius! Anyway, the Bailey's hosted for the second year and it did not disappoint! We brought one good gift and one bad, and left with just that. I scored the best gift of the night (thanks to Marlo for her mad jewelry making skills!) and we ended up taking home the very crappy gift we brought ( a board game called "Mortality" that we were gifted at a White Elephant party at my brother's home last New Year's Eve...seriously this game will be buried with us I bet.) Ben and I usually have the tradition of leaving the unwanted gifts in random places of the hostess's home before leaving, but we were intrigued by our inability to rid ourselves of this present, so we are going to try our luck with next year's party to see if we can unload it then. One more year of "Mortality" taking up precious space in our game closet. After the gift exchange we had some heated rounds of Mafia which were a blast! All I can say is that Jack Roddy stole the show. He was a riot. Note to self: Invite Jack to all future couples events.

2 comments:
gotta love white elaphant gifts... believe it or not I made mine this year. What was it you ask?...oh just a wreath made of nursing pads I never used, beatifully adorned with jewels of all colors and a big BOW on top! It was a winner... NOT!
I agree!:) Fun night!
Post a Comment