As is typical of October in the Northwest, the month starts off beautiful and sunny and relatively warm and then LITERALLY the day of or the day before Halloween the weather turns cold and rainy. Seriously this feels like it happens like this every year. This year was no exception. We had a WARM and SUNNY October and the VERY DAY of Halloween it just poured. Though, in the end, the heavens gave us a break right before Trick or Treating began and the night turned out great. Cold but at least not raining! Yay!
Wyatt wanted to be a pirate this year. Not a "real pirate" he informed me. A few weeks ago, to Wyatt's horror, he found out that pirates actually stole things from people and hurt them when they would enter someone's ship. (Thanks to the "Friend", of all places, for that lovely story!) Up to this point, he just thought pirates looked for treasure. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Kesley was a witch. The CUTEST witch costume from Children's Place this year, and for only $12! She wanted to use this raggedy old dress up dress this year. Would have been much cheaper, but I couldn't take it! There are only a few, short, precious years for them to dress up. Why waste one precious year with an old raggedy dress up dress, with a picture of Ariel ripping off the front. Couldn't handle it. So, she was more than happy to use this pretty dress when I brought it home for her!
Eden was the cutest, little warm Elephant. Thanks to Marlo for the getup! She was ADORABLE with her cute face and big floppy ears!
Talmage...well he was nothing officially on Halloween. I had a pumpkin costume that he was going to wear, but by the time we started Trick or Treating he was spent, and went to bed for the night. So the picture of him was taken a couple days later. I had to have him put it on ONCE!
Here are the candy personalities of my kids:
Wyatt- Upon getting his candy he was happy to ration it. I allowed a piece or two after lunch and dinner and usually at snack time. Wyatt prefers the "pacing" method of candy consumption.
Kesley- Asked me about every two minutes if she could have a piece of candy. Common dialogue: Mom: Kesley, it's time to get dressed for the day." Kesley: "Then can I have a piece of candy?". Mom: "Kesley, get your shoes on, we're going outside." Kesley: "Then can I have a piece of candy?" If she had had her way, that candy would have been gone that night. Just like her mama!
Eden- She was my sneaky one. If I was upstairs and I couldn't find Eden near me, I always knew where to go. I mistakenly put it within climbing access of her. I would often find her sitting on the ground with many open wrappers. Not necessarily her own, but whichever bag she could reach easily. Nice.
It was a great Halloween. I LOVE Halloween. It totally takes me back to my childhood and how excited I would get at the prospect of MOUNDS of candy, and fun costumes. I just want to treasure these few Trick-or-Treatable years that my kids have, and live through their excitement all over again!

7 comments:
Great Pictures. I especially like Eden's face in hers. Also, Talmage is the cutest pumpkin I have seen!:) Love you gusy!
Cute Cute Cute Halloween costumes--the kids are dang cute too. I have to tell you I loved the 33 things about Ben. Some made me laugh out loud. I feel like I know him a little better!
So cute Sommer-awesome costumes, and adorable kids. I am with you on Halloween, I love it!!! I live through my kids too-and eat most of their candy. And I am not making it up there this weekend to join in on your brothers race. There is too much stuff going on, bummer. But we will get up there soon I hope!
I couldn't stop chuckling about your dialogue with Kesley about candy incentives all day.
They look adorable, love the pics!
-SHELBY :)
You were right! The witch costume is darling for sooo cheap. I think I have those same personalities in my family. If the boys had any idea who had been digging through their bags they would have died. At the end of the dag Sage probably ate more of the candy than the boys... :)
Had fun reading your blog. The kids are really cute in their costumes. Just happened to drop by from finding a link on another blog.
Post a Comment